Claire E. Parsons is a trial and local government attorney in Kentucky. She is also a mom, certified meditation teacher, and an award-winning community leader and writer. Soon after Claire started a mindfulness practice that changed her life, she also reactivated a writing habit that led her to publish well-read works, increase her LinkedIn following 10 fold, launch a blog about mindfulness, Brilliant Legal Mind, and author a chapter in a bestselling book, Networked.
In this episode, Claire and I chat about how busy professionals can renew their creative spirit and what mindfulness practices may offer to writers.
We also chat:
- Claire’s “aha” moment as a young girl when it came to writing
- How a chance encounter in a bookstore impacted her
- Erasing the pattern of overthinking
- Her article about mindfulness getting republished and how it led to speaking opportunities
- How Brilliant Legal Mind got its name
- The LI Group formed during the pandemic that turned into so much more
- Claire’s best writing tips
- Twitter: @ClaireEParsons and @BrilliantLegal1
- Instagram @brilliantlegalmind
- Insight Timer